Sunday, November 7, 2010







아빠

Papa

Pop

Dad

Daddy

Father




I have a habit of looking through my albums every year
to keep track with things that have changed or remained


Anyways, I was taking photos of photos of my dad (since we have no printers to scan)
to make a slide video letter for his 50th birthday.
It was a strange experience to kind of scrutinize his life from infant to now, a chubby middle aged man. I wonder whether dad himself noticed how much he has grown, change his role from- a baby of the house, an older brother, a student, a college student, a fresh officer, a boyfriend, a fiance, a husband and finally a daddy. A daddy of one boy, suddenly a daddy of 1 boy + 2 (little girl)s.
Now he's got a role of a 50 year old man, perhaps not too long to retire (not many keeps their title till 60 in Korea), and three bloody grown up - kiddos to get married off (his main concern, and main interest of any Korean parents with childs over 19)

I wonder what kind of hopes he used to have
and the kind of dreams he has lost on the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment